Vertigo manga-be overwhelmed♥
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vertigo manga-be overwhelmed♥

Scans and translation of various manga

HomeHome  PortailPortail  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Contact Us  Special A  VNManga  

RECRUITING

Go down 
+9
cnowlite
becka-boo
silverstarlite897
Zerolicious
komorebi.chan
twinkle toes
SilentResonance
akamepeace
DynaMITE
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
twinkle toes

RECRUITING - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 9:12 am

Yay! We're all on the team! How sweet is that?
Weeeeee! And I wouldn't mind on working on other
projects after Special A, as long as the manga is good >.>
So how would be work out with the editing?
I could help? Or we could just leave it too akamepeace and komorebi.chan?
I definitely can not do text hehe.
I'm working on some proof reading ; )

I actually found a pretty okay manga called Ouran High School Host Club?
I dunno if it's any good but it looks pretty good. And there's this other
one I saw that's not finished, but I think it's published through a magazine...
Vampire Knight? It's supernatural, obviously. So yeah, just early suggestions = )
Back to top Go down
akamepeace

akamepeace

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 3:17 pm

well....right now im doing chapter 49...^_^
and about other manga...im not sure either...
but if the manga is really great and i have free time..
i would probably help you guys....^^
Back to top Go down
komorebi.chan

komorebi.chan

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:01 pm

We're all working together, that is pretty sweet XD! So how do we get started, or are we waiting on scans and translations?

Well I posted it before, but my main contact is by my msn addy pocky-chan-_-@hotmail.com so you guys can e-mail, add me or whatever if you want to communicate with me/send me things to edit.

twinkle toes: yeah Ouran Koukou Host Club and Vampire Knight are both really good, particular ouran for me :3 I wouldn't mind doing them as a project on the side with Special A, except I think they already have a lot of scanlators for those series cause they're pretty popular. I actually already own the licensed ouran manga Embarassed

Despite that, I wouldn't mind doing scanlations for it cause they're both really good stories and its always good to be up to date with what Japan has read X.X
Back to top Go down
http://komorebi-chan.livejournal.com/
silverstarlite897

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 7:23 pm

^^ ouran is my other special fav other than special A~
AND i must recommend it for scanlating - because there isn't a specific scanlating group for it atm...
it comes out monthly - translations are usually found on the day of release/day after release on krysyuy forums< (google it)
but the thing is it usually takes 1-2 weeks for the scanlation (not translation) to come out - and someone different does it everytime...
so i recommend this series for scanlation if the crew atm is able to release it within a week of its release~
reminder: raws & translations are found at the krysyuy forums

___s`
Back to top Go down
twinkle toes

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:56 am

Oh! Komorebi.chan, that's perfect! Now we'll just have to get
approved I suppose? What language do you know?

We should do Ouran! I have to catch up on the reading first
to see if it's worth it =D It would be cool if we could be the main
group to do it. It probably is hard to do though >.>
Back to top Go down
SilentResonance
Admin
SilentResonance

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:22 pm

But then someone has to be willing to translate... X_x

and if chinese translators translate, then we have to find both jap+chi raws

heh...maybe after we bulk release a few chps of SA?
Back to top Go down
silverstarlite897

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:15 pm

heyyy no pressure srsly~ it was only a suggestion - the priority now is still special a~
but mayybe translators are not needed because like i said - there are translations at the forums which come out virtually days after raws are released.
ok heres the link to the forum: Krysyuy Forums
the people who translate it are just too lazy (or unskilled) to edit the translation into the raws...

btw congrats to new recruited people!! ^^ ganbatte!!
- i'm sorry i'm just a fan capable of reading... ><"
(just curious - what do proofreaders do?)
Back to top Go down
komorebi.chan

komorebi.chan

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 6:20 pm

twinkle toes: I don't know how to translate @__@ but I am willing to do (as in edit) ouran after we've caught up with SA. Plus silverstarlite897 already said there were translations and I know Krys always has the raws on her website. It would be cool if our group was the main group doing it...*O* But I think we need more group members before we move onto other projects, because some of the toher postions haven't been filled yet.
And also you should get to reading more ouran, otherwise you'll be missing something great D: And if you cbf reading right now, you should at least watch the anime =D

silverstarlite897: thank you! LOL yeah that was me too, this is like the first project I'm willing to help out on XD Special A is just that special~♥ And I think proofreaders just check for any grammatical errors and make sure that the translation runs smoothely/reflects what they think the mangaka is trying to say. I dunno if they edit mistakes as well but I think that should be the gist of it.

Oh and Chyruu I finished with cleaning up the text on the pages. So message me when you guys get translations for 54 Razz
Back to top Go down
SilentResonance
Admin
SilentResonance

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 12:51 am

silverstarlite897 wrote:
heyyy no pressure srsly~ it was only a suggestion - the priority now is still special a~
but mayybe translators are not needed because like i said - there are translations at the forums which come out virtually days after raws are released.
ok heres the link to the forum: Krysyuy Forums
the people who translate it are just too lazy (or unskilled) to edit the translation into the raws...

someone has to periodically get the scans from there and collate into a zip/rar folder...

from what i can see its a photobucket...(dont know how to bulk save pics)

and i cant read jap for nuts X_x

though i too read ouran quite some time back (hasn't read for a long time) and is a fan :3

ah...the forum doesnt allow me to register X_x the image regonition thing never loads...audio one doesn't match even though i play it several times already..

and which chapters do we start from if we ever work on ouran?
Back to top Go down
twinkle toes

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 1:33 am

komerabi, Guess we'll need to find a translator? Then we can probably do
Ouran. Hmm... This is sort of a problem. Well, I guess we should work on
Special A first before we take on anything else = 3 We've got editors, a proofreader,
and...? That's about it, huh?

silverstarlite897, thanks too ^.^ komerabi basically sum up what PRs do.
I dunno if we're supposed to fix it directly though...? - ponders -

Chyruu, Photobucket is good,
but for some reason the bulk is funny for me. It won't upload for me. But
I don't like downloading stuff on my computer >.>
But I guess I'll have to for proofs. Zero hasn't e-mailed me back.
I wanted to know if I could get a simpler version like on Photobucket.
Back to top Go down
silverstarlite897

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 7:57 pm

Chyruu - ok then if you ever plan to do ouran in the future then you can just start on the latest chapter at the time (right now it's 64) - you can google 'krysyuy' and you'll find the links to her forum as well as her ouran fansite << on the fansite there are release dates of the ouran chapters in japan.. so the raws come out around those dates as well
---and FYI each chapter comes out monthly and it's abt 30pgs

twinkle toes & komorebi.chan - thanks for the definitions!~ so basically if a proofreader needs to have good english - i think i can help you guys out with that... and if it helps i can proofread the translations before they go in the bubbles~
Back to top Go down
silverstarlite897

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 pm

ohh! and i also forgot to say that i'll be willing to get those raw ouran scans if there is ever a need for it~~

___s`
Back to top Go down
becka-boo

becka-boo

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:14 am

Well, this was posted a while ago, so you probably already found editors. But I thought it couldn't hurt to try out, and it was fun anyway. Very Happy Here is mine. I cleared out all textboxes, and filled them with random stuff to show text examples, because my Japanese isn't nearly good enough to translate. ^_^; I hope that's okay! And I hope you like me tryout. C:

//Edit// actually, I'm not done yet- I have some more changes I need to make (which you can probably see). So just consider that as a WIP, I guess? ^_^;
Back to top Go down
http://becka-boo.deviantart.com
twinkle toes

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:01 am

Haha, we got someone else looking for the job ^.^
We've got two and a half editors? I'm sure we wouldn't
mind having another recruit? Maybe it would help get the
chapters faster? I'm not sure. It looks pretty good = )
I'm the proofreader. - though is troublesome with downloads -
Can you do SFX ? Nice job btw.
Back to top Go down
becka-boo

becka-boo

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 6:21 am

Thank you! C: And yeah, I can put SFX as long as I'm told what to put. Very Happy I was going to try to edit out more of the Japanese if I could, but maybe SFX is better for some of them. ^_^

//edit// Here is my final copy! I hope you like it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twinkle toes

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 2:01 am

We actually have 4 1/2 editors x.x Chyruu should be on sometime.
Everyone will probably welcome you. Not positive though.
We've got enough. Nice work with the SFXs! Can't do those for my
life lol.
Back to top Go down
DynaMITE

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Hey becka-boo,

I quite like your test, personally. However, the edges seem strangely black and sharp... does anyone else see this? o_o I don't really know why it is exactly, though...

Aanyway, it's all right. Just that I can't seem to find the reason behind the lines... you could try adjusting the levelling to see if the lines get softer. Do you use contrast to make it whiter? Maybe that could be the problem.
Back to top Go down
komorebi.chan

komorebi.chan

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 pm

nah, I see it as well DynaMITE, I think perhaps she used a different method to leveling, cause that's how i was with my first try before .___.

The first time i actually had no idea what leveling was so I used curves and some selective colouring,etc

You should go to that manga guide that DynaMITE posted on the first page, its quite handy especially for noob manga editors like me. LOL I hardly do animanga photoshopping so I felt a bit in the dark.

And yeah SFX are really annoying to do. If I can be bothered/if its quite easy I'll just erase the text as little as possible and redraw the image behind (hehe cheating kind of... XD hopefully none of the readers notice)
Back to top Go down
becka-boo

becka-boo

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:53 am

I had noticed that too, but when I tried to soften it it appeared too soft to me, so I left it alone. I went back though and adjusted the softening settings, and I think it looks better now: x

I also played with the SFXs a little bit- using different fonts to make them prettier and such on some of them. I really like the one that says "ahh!" :]

I probably used a different method than a lot of people, because I used Jasc Paint Shop Pro instead of Photoshop. (I don't have Photoshop :C )

I will definitely check out that editing guide! Like I put in one of the speech bubbles, this is my first time editing manga like this, so I was just testing out different tools until I got it looking like I wanted it to (poorly edited manga annoys me D:).

But anyway. I hope it's better now! ^_^
Back to top Go down
cnowlite

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 6:52 am

Hi! Although I'm new here, I would like to help out with proofreading. Who would I go to for this exactly?
Back to top Go down
DynaMITE

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 10:53 pm

becka-boo: I have a feeling that made the lines a little blur. Or maybe it's just my eyes. Have you tried using GIMP? It's somewhat similar to Photoshop

cnowlite: Well, you could try finding some errors in our earlier releases and see if you can correct them [Chapter 35-37] and pm/email us. We don't have an official test yet, though. Sorry!

EDIT FROM CHYRUU: dynaMITE handles all applicants for positions other than translator [i'm in charge of that]
Back to top Go down
PrinceYekting

PrinceYekting

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 pm

Hi... Can I apply for proofreader or forum moderator? Thanks~
Back to top Go down
http://www.babyprinceofsoul.blogspot.com
DynaMITE

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:35 pm

PrinceYekTing: Forum moderator will be a little of a problem. I think you should ask Chyruu about that.

As for the proofreading, you can always try and find a few errors in our releases (there are always a few) and correct them. We don't have an official test up yet, sorry.
Back to top Go down
DynaMITE

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:41 pm

Kilimonian (PR):

I like it. The way you do it's very natural.

Just be careful with the punctuation and capitals. You slip at some points, for example:

"Mom: Could you help me receive the gifts sent
Bottom Left
Akira: We must put the flowers together"

(you miss out punctuation)

and

"Kei: could you help me by taking Hikari as far away from me as possible?"

(you miss out the capitals)

Sometimes the editors can be in a rush and will simply copy and paste whatever's in the .txt file, I mean.

I'll leave it up to Chyruu to officially accept you, but I'll give it a yes ;D

DynaMITE
Back to top Go down
kilimonian

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:31 am

ah, I will be more careful to proofread my own proofreadings in the future (if I get the job). Thank you for your support Smile.

I do have two questions:

1) I left out punctuation once on purpose "Akira: We must put the flowers together"
because it was a side (background) comment from her, not in a text bubble. Do side comments need end punctuation as well?

2) for the text, should I put it in all caps anyways since that is how you have it in the final scanslations? The reason I did not capitalize that "could" was because it was in the middle of Kei's sentence, just in a different bubble. When I looked back, however, I saw that really every letter is already capitalized anyways in the text which ends up looking better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RECRUITING
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vertigo manga-be overwhelmed♥ :: News, Updates, and General Information :: Recruitment-
Jump to: