Vertigo manga-be overwhelmed♥
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vertigo manga-be overwhelmed♥

Scans and translation of various manga

HomeHome  PortailPortail  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Contact Us  Special A  VNManga  

RECRUITING

Go down 
+9
cnowlite
becka-boo
silverstarlite897
Zerolicious
komorebi.chan
twinkle toes
SilentResonance
akamepeace
DynaMITE
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DynaMITE

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Hello everyone,

As you may know, the members of Vertigo are all still in school, and especially during examination periods, we would appreciate any help that you may be able to provide.

So, therefore, we have started recruiting.

IN NEED OF
Scanners
Currently, we don't have any scanners.
Scanners should have access to manga (Japan has cheap manga), and preferably their own scanners.

Translators
Currently, we only have Chinese translators.
Japanese translators are sorely needed. (We are looking for Japanese translators)
Japanese translator's test

Proofreaders[CLOSED]
We are looking for one proofreader.

Editors
Currently, we only have two editors and we are afraid that we may not be able to keep up with our current schedule. (We are looking for one editor)
Editors should be proficient in Photoshop/ any other suitable programme to edit manga. Note that editing does not include translating, although it is completely okay if you are able to do both.
Editor's test

POSITIONS ARE ALSO OPEN FOR
If you are able to provide assistance in any other area, please don't hesitate to inquire.

REGARDING TESTS
All applicants should be able to provide examples of their work. Whether it will be through a test or through previous works will depend on the consequences.

Currently, we are not able to provide tests, so applicants are encouraged to supply their own. If the applicant is not able to, however, we will do our best to assist.

ALL ASSISTANCE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks,
DynaMITE
Back to top Go down
akamepeace

akamepeace

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 5:54 pm

well...im not sure if this gonna help you or not though... Smile
but im really a S.A fan..so i want to help with S.A project..

actually..im one of IGC editor...well..IGC is doing ch 70+...
this is one of my work: https://2img.net/h/i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa225/anisaqilah89/05.jpg
well..im definitely not the best..but i hope i can help you though... Wink

and since we're working on ch 70+...we dont need to do it really fast..and im on my summer holiday currently so im pretty bored at home... lol!

and i know a bit of japanese since im taking the class...so sometimes i did change a bit of translation if i find it really out of meaning(i know...pretty annoying..but it became a habit now...hehe...since i like to edit scans while looking at the raw at the same time.. Embarassed )

i tell you that im one of IGC editor because some of scanlating group really doesnt want their staff to work on different group...so im not sure about this group...

and recently...there's a person in mangafox said that he/she can help with japanese translation(you can read it
HERE
you might wanna recruit he/she....
Back to top Go down
SilentResonance
Admin
SilentResonance

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:21 pm

We don't mind if you are already in another group as long as you can balance out your work Smile we don't want you to suffer a burnout Very Happy

Thanks and yep you are recruited Very Happy

Meanwhile i'll arrange a project for you to work on.

Any form of contact? MSN? email? YM?

Thanks for the offer we really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
akamepeace

akamepeace

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:10 am

owh yeah...forgot to give you my email...hehe...
i have a gmail... areniece89@gmail.com
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twinkle toes

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 9:52 am

Hi! I'd love to help since it looks like everyone's waiting to get new chapters and whatnot.
I have never done any of this before but I can proof read. I'm a writer = )
As proofreading what would I basically need to do? Any programs needed?
Hmm, editor. I'm pretty alright with Photoshop as long as I know what I'm supposed to do.
So if you clear that up >.> If you need any examples ( which won't be any manga ) I could
provide you with a few = D
Back to top Go down
DynaMITE

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:25 pm

Hey twinkle toes,

We'd love to have you join us! You might want to check with Chyruu regarding proofreading, though, because I'm not too sure what's involved in it myself. ><

For editing, there are a few things editors have to be proficient at to edit manga, such as cleaning (adjusting levels), erasing (the japanese text), and cloning (which would be copy-pasting in a less tedious way) to cover up anything that, well, needs to be covered up.

Examples would be welcomed. If possible we could also put up some tests, as soon as I can find them.

Cheers,
DynaMITE
Back to top Go down
DynaMITE

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:31 pm

Mm, how about this one?

https://2img.net/h/i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/rayexkkori/KkorisAttempts/15.jpg

I'm putting this up in the first post too. Tell me if there's any problems with it!

Most of our releases, however, just go by one page per image. This one's two pages, so you could either crop it and do one/do both/leave out one. We'll see how it goes before we establish anything, though.

Also,

The Idiot's Guide to Editing Manga:
http://www.unblessed.net/guide/main.html
Back to top Go down
komorebi.chan

komorebi.chan

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 6:51 pm

Aww I go away to school and the spots I want are already taken Crying or Very sad

Well anyway I'll just tell you I'm happy to help, even though its limited spots. I could always be a part-time editor/proof-reader when you guys are busy. I'm pretty handy with photoshop, but I really don't have any examples of my work since I think this is the first project I'm willing to help out on Embarassed Plus i usually do photoshopping with just Asian celebrities X.X

Well I did the test ones quickly just to show the extent of my um...editing Razz
https://2img.net/h/i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj8/bakarangerXD/mangatest1.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj8/bakarangerXD/mangatest2.jpg

This is actually my first time so I admit its not my forte, but if your interested in letting me help you with the project you can just e-mail me at pocky-chan-_-@hotmail.com or whatever means you want to contact me by =D

I'd really love to help, even if its just a little bit
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://komorebi-chan.livejournal.com/
SilentResonance
Admin
SilentResonance

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 7:31 pm

twinkle toes wrote:
Hi! I'd love to help since it looks like everyone's waiting to get new chapters and whatnot.
I have never done any of this before but I can proof read. I'm a writer = )
As proofreading what would I basically need to do? Any programs needed?
Hmm, editor. I'm pretty alright with Photoshop as long as I know what I'm supposed to do.
So if you clear that up >.> If you need any examples ( which won't be any manga ) I could
provide you with a few = D

Hmm...have you read our previous chapters Embarassed ? Maybe spot a mistake or 2 and that could be your test?

The requirements for PR is simple: Have Oxford standrad english Twisted Evil

Nah I'm kidding. Just be good in english and be able to correct grammar/change phrasing in accordance of what you think the character/mangaka is trying to say.
Back to top Go down
DynaMITE

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 7:56 pm

Hey komorebi.chan,

I saw your editing test. Is it possible that you could put in words and sound effects to the test as well? It doesn't need to be the same words, just put in anything random.

I'm worried that you may have levelled a bit too much, though. I can't say much since levelling isn't my forte either, but if you compare the test and your image side by side you can see that some of the grey tones have turned black (e.g.) the pattern on the girl's hat and her eyes in the top left corner of mangatest1, and some parts have also turned white. The Idiot's Guide to Editing Manga suggests levelling the "gutter edge" (you know, the part where there's shadow because of the book's spine) separately as well.

So if you could add the text and SFXs, that would be great (also you could try out the levelling tips in The Idiot's Guide to Editing Manga I posted below). Thanks!

Cheers,
DynaMITE
Back to top Go down
komorebi.chan

komorebi.chan

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Oh wow. Yeah, I get what you mean. I actually didn't use leveling, so that probably why it didn't turn out so good with the mid tones and such. Embarassed

Here's the second try, I hope its at least just a bit better
https://2img.net/h/i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj8/bakarangerXD/001.png?t=1218809474

Thanks for the site and tips as well, I can keep them in mind for the future :3
Back to top Go down
twinkle toes

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 1:02 am

I gave the text a shot. Turns out I don't have the font x.x I could've uploaded it somewhere
but text isn't really my strengths = / But I think I did pretty fine with the leveling...?
Maybe it's too white? And it's in grey scale as a tutorial said.

https://2img.net/h/i111.photobucket.com/albums/n160/tintedxblack/stuffers/mangatestone.jpg

So maybe komoredbi.chan and me can work together ? I dunno,
What do you think about the test?

I've also got a manga example that I colored.
It's not amazing though:

https://2img.net/h/i111.photobucket.com/albums/n160/tintedxblack/stuffers/to.jpg

And I found a mistake or two, I'm enjoying it too much to pay much attention = D
Mangafox: Vol 2. Chp 9. "It's best if you don't say anything to the sponsor Yahiro, no
matter what he says." Comma there. 'Sponser' spelled wrong.
Vol 2. Chp 9. "If that's true, I feel so bad for him." Not 'I'll'. But I guess it's fine though.
It just doesn't sound right - shrugs -
Found another one! Vol 3. Chp 13. pg.18 "You can sit on my lap..." Correction is "on" not "in".
Sorry I didn't put the pages to the other ones. I forgot about it.

Last edited by twinkle toes on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
akamepeace

akamepeace

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 1:57 am

well..in my opinion....it's better to have more editors since people has lives...so who knows what might happen in the future.... Smile
at least we have back up people.... Wink
Back to top Go down
twinkle toes

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 2:13 am

It took me awhile for this one because it's my first. Hehe.
Do you think it looks fine?
Back to top Go down
SilentResonance
Admin
SilentResonance

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:52 pm

Do you mind being a PR? I can pass you SA 38 immediately for PR work because VN PR is still too busy to PR it. Will pass you the other chapters later...

Any MSN (preferred)? or Email?

Last edited by Chyruu on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
twinkle toes

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:39 pm

It's actually a few posts up, but here it is:

https://2img.net/h/i111.photobucket.com/albums/n160/tintedxblack/stuffers/mangatestone.jpg

I could definitely do 38 proof. It's weird because I saw on Mangafox that someone
already put up a chapter 38...?
Do you guys up it up there? Or some other site?
How would I tell you how to fix it anyways? Sorry for all the questions >.<
Back to top Go down
SilentResonance
Admin
SilentResonance

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:49 pm

Oh DS (Divine Sanctuary) did that one...

>.<

I'll email you to PR

Wow, nice editting *_*

We could really use your help xD

Thanks for helping out!
Back to top Go down
twinkle toes

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 11:04 pm

Oh I see. I think all the scantalations or whatever should just mesh together,
and then everyone would be happy because the chapters would be out faster.
= D There's 42, 43, 45, 49, 50, and 51 missing on Mangafox. That's basically
the one I read on. Hahaaa
Yay! I can help ^.^
Back to top Go down
komorebi.chan

komorebi.chan

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 11:27 am

so um yeah is it alright if I help out anymore? I posted the test before but I don't think it was very noticeable ^.^'
I agree with akamepeace(haha nice name XD) and twinkle toes. I thought it'd be better to have more editors so that the releases are faster and then the group could avoid any complaints at slow releases.

well heres the link again :O
https://2img.net/h/i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj8/bakarangerXD/001.png?t=1218809474

I hope I can help, but if you don't want me to I guess thats okay?
Back to top Go down
twinkle toes

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Your one is better than mine x.x You have good text!
I hope we can all collaborate! It'd be more fun!
Back to top Go down
SilentResonance
Admin
SilentResonance

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 1:59 pm

komorebi.chan wrote:
so um yeah is it alright if I help out anymore? I posted the test before but I don't think it was very noticeable ^.^'
I agree with akamepeace(haha nice name XD) and twinkle toes. I thought it'd be better to have more editors so that the releases are faster and then the group could avoid any complaints at slow releases.

well heres the link again :O

I hope I can help, but if you don't want me to I guess thats okay?

hmm yes it has improved Wink

hmm...still need to discuss with the other editors sorry >.<

She is away and she smsed me that she wants to see it...

Sorry for the long wait!

PS: Meanwhile i'll try rushing out more translations so you guys have something to work on xD

oh yeah just wondering, if SA ever finishes, would you guys still stay on on Vertigo and do other projs?
Back to top Go down
komorebi.chan

komorebi.chan

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Quote :
Your one is better than mine x.x You have good text!
I hope we can all collaborate! It'd be more fun!
oh what don't say that D: but anyway thank you! Very Happy putting in the text was kind of awkward though. I had to ask my friend to help me with random sentences as well =____=
I'd love to collab as well, it'd definitely be more fun and lively...not to mention not as time consuming.

@ Chyruu - Oh good it has improved *dances* And don't worry I can wait for our answer, I know you guys have lives as well Laughing

I don't knot if the PS is directed at me as well cause I'm still a 'trainee' .___. but I would most likely stay. Although I think it also depends of the amount of pressure at school as well as the demand for the project (such as how popular it is and how many people are needed to work on it,etc)
Back to top Go down
DynaMITE

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:09 pm

komorebi.chan: You've definitely improved. Your levelling and twinkle toes' levelling are a little different, but overall the quality is good. I'm still not very sure what's different about it, though. I'll get back to that later... -staggers-

It's definitely better than some of the scanlations I've read (Which I will not mention... now). They were horribly done.

Personally I think I'll give you and twinkle toes a yes. I don't know what zerolicious said, though, so I think we'll wait for that.
Back to top Go down
DynaMITE

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Zerolicious (according to Chyruu) wants to give another test or something. So stand by ^^
Back to top Go down
Zerolicious

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: YAY! :D   RECRUITING EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:32 am

Nope, won't give another test Smile

akamepeace, komorebi.chan & twinkle toes are recruited! Very Happy

* I'm not the best editor in the world (XD) but please note: cherry
01 Fitting text into the speech bubbles
-> Words should not be so close to the sides of the speech bubble or else it looks so tightly fit inside the speech bubble. There should be some spacing.
-> If the words are too long to be fit nicely into the speech bubble, decrease the font size.
-> If the word is really too long, break the word into two lines.
02 Erasing
-> Be careful not to erase the speech bubble lines
-> Erase the raws text fully.

Yep that's all (: &
Welcome to Vertigooooooo! cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RECRUITING Empty
PostSubject: Re: RECRUITING   RECRUITING Empty

Back to top Go down

RECRUITING
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vertigo manga-be overwhelmed♥ :: News, Updates, and General Information :: Recruitment-
Jump to: